Interested in volunteering at the Lewis Army Museum?
We are currently looking for volunteers to work at the museum
in a number of capacities:
Museum Docents: Do you enjoy interpreting military
history? We are looking for you!
Greet visitors and give them an orientation to the Lewis
Answer visitor questions about military history, Joint Base
Lewis McChord and the Lewis Army Museum
Gift Shop Volunteers: Work for the Friends of the Fort
Lewis Military Museum in the Cannon Shop.
Customer service and retail work
Assist museum docents in answering visitor questions
If you are interested contact us:
We have a number of other volunteer opportunities, including: working with the museum library and archives; assisting the Friends of the Fort Lewis Military Museum in the Cannon Shop gift shop; and helping out with special events.
We also accept volunteers who already have access to Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM):
– Military personnel and their family members
– DA Civilian employees and their family members
– Retired Military DA Civilians and their family members
– Contract employees with a Common Access Card
– Installation Access Cardholders
To sign up/register to be a volunteer:
- Register at this website:https://vmis.armyfamilywebportal.com/
- Choose JBLM as your community
- Apply for the Lewis Army Museum position (there is only one)
- Make an appointment to come and talk to museum staff
For more information about volunteering at the Lewis Army Museum please contact us: email@example.com