MUSEUM ALERT: The Lewis Army Museum’s indoor galleries will be closed from July 3rd 2016 until January 2017 for the creation of an all new exhibit experience.
The redesign will feature new exhibits and full-scale dioramas, as well as immersive and interactive features. Stay tuned to our website and Facebook page for information and updates on our progress. Our outdoor exhibits will be be open throughout the renovation.
MUSEUM ALERT: New ID requirements for installation access are in effect:
REAL ID ACT. As of May 2016 JBLM began to fully enforce the provisions of the Real ID Act of 2005. Under provisions of this act, a standard driver’s license or ID card issued by any of the following states is not accepted for unescorted access to JBLM: Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri and Washington. See the JBLM visitor center website for details: JBLM Directorate of Emergency Services, Visitor Access
Directions to Visit the Lewis Army Museum:
- From Interstate 5, take Exit 120
- Follow signs toward “Lewis Main”
- Off ramp merges onto 41st Division Drive
- Turn right into Visitor Center parking lot prior to Main Gate
- Bring Photo ID, Vehicle Registration and Proof of Insurance into Visitor’s Center
- Take a number at Visitor Center and wait your turn (wait can be up to an hour, so please plan accordingly)
- When called, state your purpose to visit the museum and show your photo ID, vehicle registration and proof of insurance in order to obtain a Base Pass
- After you obtain your Base Pass, from the Visitor Center parking lot, turn right onto 41st Division Drive, stop at Main Gate and show base pass and ID to the gate guard
- All passengers over the age of 16 in the vehicle must also have photo ID to show to the guard at the time of entry
- After progressing through the Main Gate, drive .7 miles on 41st Division Drive
- Turn right on Pendleton Avenue
- Follow Pendleton Avenue until it passes under I-5.
- After the underpass, road makes curve to right and its name changes to Main Street – the Museum will be on your right
- Park in the Museum’s paved parking area and follow signage to the main entrance
- Enjoy your visit!!