NEW MUSEUM ACCESS:
The Lewis Army Museum has updated its public access policy. In the past, visiting the museum has required going to the Visitor’s Center on Exit 120 to obtain a visitor’s pass.
Effective immediately, the museum is accessible to the public without a visitor’s pass. To gain access, please follow the instructions as follows:
1. Take Exit 119 off of I-5.
2. Turn right onto Dupont-Steilacoom Rd.
3. Turn right at the gate, follow directions for the new Visitor’s Center.
4. Park in the parking lot and request museum access at the new Visitor’s Center or by cell phone call 253-967-7206.
5. You will be escorted through the gate to the museum on foot.
When your visit has concluded, you will be escorted back to the new Visitor’s Center parking lot.
We are excited to be more accessible to the public in order to share the Fort Lewis story with everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to message us on Facebook, or call the information desk at 253-967-7206.